Privacy Statement MedicalVRThis privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data by MedicalVR with any of its associates and affiliates, hereinafter collectively referred to as MedicalVR.
Processing of personal data by MedicalVR
We are committed to ensuring that our services are open, honest and transparent. In this context, we believe it is important that you know exactly what personal data MedicalVR collects and for what purposes we use this personal data. In this privacy statement we describe this in a clear manner. MedicalVR guarantees that personal data is collected, used and disposed of in a careful manner and in accordance with laws and regulations.
This privacy statement may change from time to time as new developments warrant. The most current privacy statement can be found on our website (you are probably there now): https://www.MedicalVR.eu/privacy
What do we use your personal data for?
Your personal data will be processed by MedicalVR for the following purposes. The data will be used and stored only for these purposes.
- Performing agreements.
We process your data on behalf of various healthcare providers in order to perform and fulfil the agreement we have with these healthcare providers. MedicalVR receives certain patient data from these healthcare providers (limited to the minimum) and, with the help of its partners, turns it into useful information so that treatment is optimized for the patient.
- Keeping business records.
In order to function as a business, comply with legislation and communicate with stakeholders, we use personal data. This may include data from customer contacts, contact details of organizations we work with and employees of MedicalVR which we process in part due to a legal obligation.
Which bases apply?
MedicalVR only processes personal data if there is a legal basis for doing so, as prescribed in the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG). The following bases apply:
- Execution of agreements.
This applies to personal data we process from clients with whom we have entered into an agreement in the context of providing services. These are mainly healthcare providers who want to optimize their treatment by using our VR technology.
- Legitimate interest
The collection and use of certain personal data is necessary to fulfill business interests and operations. Consider commercial purposes, such as tracking our customer portfolio and stakeholders. MedicalVR has a legitimate interest to acquire customers and maintain relationships and collect personal data to do so.
- Consent of interested parties
For the use of the Youtube cookie on our website we ask permission from the visitors of our website.
- Compliance with legal obligation
MedicalVR is required to process personal data due to a number of legal obligations, such as:
- General Data Protection Regulation (AVG/GDPR)
- Telecommunications Act
- Archive Act
- Tax Retention Obligation,
- Recovery Act 1990,
- Aliens Employment Act
- Compulsory Identification Act,
- Deregulation and Restriction of Employment Relationships Act (DBA)
- Act to tackle fraud (WAS).
We have tried to provide the best possible overview of the personal data we process (or have processed) on your behalf, stating the purposes and legal grounds. However, we also realize that it is impossible to do this completely and in all detail. Also due to the fact that in the future other or unforeseen purposes may play a role, in which personal data have to be processed. However, we would like to emphasize that in such cases we will continue to handle your personal data conscientiously and carefully.
With whom does MedicalVR share your data?
In principle, we do not share your data with others. Sharing your data only occurs when it is necessary for the performance of our services or when we have a legal obligation. In that case, we share data with:
We share data with our clients from whom we have received the data. We present the same data in a different way.
- Own employees
We share data with employees when the processing purpose is in line with their position.
- Suppliers and subcontractors working for MedicalVR.
We work with service providers who provide technical additions to our services. We make proper arrangements with them regarding their obligations and authority. MedicalVR has agreed strict security requirements with its suppliers and monitors compliance with these requirements. These are laid down in (processing) agreements.
- Tax authority (de Belastingdienst)
In the case of tax requests, data may be shared with tax authorities.
- Government institutions
In case there is a legal obligation, we may provide your personal data to government agencies.
How long does MedicalVR keep your personal data?
MedicalVR will not retain your data longer than necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this privacy statement.
- The retention period for our records is seven years, in accordance with the legal requirement. This includes the agreements made with you and the period starts after the agreement has been terminated.
- If you send us an e-mail or ask a question through a contact form, the data you send us will be kept as long as is necessary according to the nature of the form or the content of your e-mail for its complete response and handling.
- Data for marketing activities will be kept for a maximum of 1 year, after contact has been made in the context of offering products or services.
- If a longer retention period of your personal data is required or appropriate by law, other regulations or due to legitimate interests, we may use a longer retention period.
- As a processor of clients, we retain data for as long as agreed with the client. In principle, the non-retention requirement does not apply to MedicalVR. By default, MedicalVR does not store this data longer than 90 days, based on the principle of data minimization.
One cookie is active on MedicalVR.eu, a tracking cookie from Youtube to make it possible to embed videos. This is a third party cookie and the data it processes is therefore not owned by MedicalVR. If you do not want these cookies, you can reject them and/or use a cookie blocker.
Inspection, modification, deletion or blocking of personal data
If you want to know what personal data MedicalVR collects and uses from you, you can submit a request to do so. You also have the right:
- To correct or delete your personal data,
- To withdraw your consent to data processing,
- To object to the processing of your personal data by MedicalVR,
- To data portability. This means that you can make a request to us to send the personal data we hold about you in electronic form to you or another organization named by you.
You can send a request for inspection, correction, deletion, objection or data transfer to [email protected]. We will respond to your request within four weeks.
If you have a complaint about the way MedicalVR processes your personal data, you can report this to [email protected]. Should this not lead to the desired result, you can also file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Authority for Personal Data. You can reach them via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
Email: [email protected]