World’s first hybrid VR and AI lung surgery planning tool
Surgical planning has not significantly changed over the last 40 years. Surgeons still plan using 2D CT images, and this needs to change. MedicalVR is building a suite of products to allow surgeons to more easily plan the most complex surgeries using VR and AI technology, allowing for more immersive, real life planning procedures. MedicalVR has proven its technology in dozens of surgeries giving patients a higher quality of life afterwards.
MedicalVR and its product suite are becoming increasingly complex. It started purely as a 3D visualization tool and is now transitioning into a collaborative, cloud-driven, pre-operative planning suite supporting a broad range of medical images and visualization methods. We are looking for a tech lead to cover as much of these topics, from a hands-on engineering manager perspective.
Within our tech stack we touch on all kinds of challenging engineering aspects, ranging from scalable, certified, user-friendly cloud software to machine learning implementations and optimizing 3D VR visualizations. The role entails leading and guiding the team to implement internal development procedures, best practices and develop features according to the technical roadmap. You will work alongside the management team crafting plans, leading the technical development, optimizing internal processes, contribute to code, protect our technology on cyber security aspects and giving presentations about MedicalVR.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define MedicalVR’s technology strategy, architecture and roadmap
- Lead & manage the software development team
- Optimize the development process (incl. software delivery and quality assurance)
- Hands-on product engineering
- Support the acquisition of CE/FDA certification
- Support hiring & retention of IT talent
- Manage the IT budget
Key skills and competencies
- Master’s degree in computer science or a similar field
- Educational background (e.g., min. bachelor degree)
- Min. 5-7 years of software development experience
- Native Dutch speaker with excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Experience with Agile / Scrum planning
- Experience architecting and building software systems
- Experience in back-end development as a senior software engineer
- Securing engineering planning, delivery and quality that results in optimal user experience
- Process driven leader who can understand and execute on CE/FDA certification requirements described on our Quality Management System and planned through ClickUp.
- Team player and communicator who is able to listen and communicate with developers, regulatory experts, surgeons, investors and other stakeholders
Apart from Unity3D (C#), our tech stack includes: Python, Typescript, React, NodeJS, NestJS, Microsoft Azure
What we offer:
- Gross annual salary ranging from €60.000 - €85.000
- If interested and depending on your preference an employee stock option
- Hybrid model of remote work: work from home or the office (In Amsterdam or Nieuw-Vennep)
- 25 vacation days (based on a full time employment)
- Free lunches and regular drinks
- Join a smart, fast-growing, international, fun and energetic team
- Be part of the latest developments within medical Virtual Reality field
- Ability to visit hositals, attend complex surgeries and everything that is needed to completely understand how surgeons work and operate
- Introduction meeting, culture fit and talk to leadership (45min)
- Take home development test (1-2hrs)
- Deep dive interview with technical lead and leadership (1hr)
- Case study together with leadership (1-2hrs)
Interested? Send your CV and short motivation to:[email protected].